For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Carlsberg UK Limited of 140 Bridge Street. Northampton, NN1 1PZ.
When do we collect personal information?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes:
- details of your age to ensure that only adults of legal drinking age view and interact with our Site; and
- other information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our service, when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Site.
The information you give us may include your name, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph. If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
- for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site. We are also working closely with third parties (including for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
What do we do with the information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information to:
- to provide you or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to respond to your questions, comments or other communications;
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in / to register you for interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, for example to enter you into competitions;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to report aggregate information to our advertisers;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
How do we use "cookies"?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
The cookies we use are strictly necessary and analytical cookies.
Strictly necessary cookies are required for the operation of the Site. They include for example, cookies that enable users to log into secure areas of a website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Every page on this website is protected behind an 'age gate' requiring opt-in proof of age. This cookie stores the confirmation of opt-in to prevent being presented with the age gate on subsequent page requests.
This website is hosted in the Azure cloud, sometimes spreading over multiple servers. This cookie makes sure that all requests from your session are distributed to the same server.
This website is hosted in the Azure cloud, sometimes spreading over multiple servers. This cookie makes sure that all requests from your session are distributed to the same website on the server.
Set by Google Tag Manager to anonymously track user-interface events which aren't ordinarily tracked by Analytics.
Set by Google Analytics to store uniquely identifiable id for each visitor.
Set by Google Analytics to store uniquely identifiable id for each visitor, used to track visits across multiple Carlsberg websites.
Set by Google Analytics to store uniquely identifiable id for each visitor, used to track visits across a particular language version of a Carlsberg website.
Set by Google Analytics to store uniquely identifiable id for each visitor across multiple Carlsberg websites.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
Except for essential cookies, the cookie expiry periods are:
ageGateCheck: 1 year
ARRAfinity: 1 year
WAWebSiteSID: 1 year
_dc_gtm_UA-xxxxxxxx-xx: 10 minutes
_ga: 2 years
_gat_globalTracker: 10 minutes
_gat_languageTracker: 10 minutes
_gat_UA-xxxxxxxx-xx: 10 minutes
What about chat rooms, message boards or other interactive forums?
We may offer chat rooms, message or bulletin boards, or interactive areas where visitors may post comments or information for our visitors' enjoyment. If there is a chat room, bulletin or message board, or other interactive areas where personal information may be posted on our Site, be sure to check our chat room rules before entering, as you will be bound by them. As you know, anything you post online is available for the world to see. We make no representations and undertake no obligations as to information you voluntarily post.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Carlsberg UK Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where is your personal data stored?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
What do we do to safeguard personal information?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What about links to other sites?
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Carlsberg.Feedback@carlsberg.co.uk.
You also have the right to have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected.
Access to your information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.